Introduction to Glowforge Lasers
October 17, 2023
CLASS DESCRIPTION: Laser cutting and engraving has become increasingly accessible to home hobbyists and small business owners! The Glowforge is a user friendly laser that has opened up many creative possibilities! In this class, you will learn the basics of working with a Glowforge including:
- Safe operation of the system
- Materials that work with Glowforge systems
- Setting up files for vector cutting
- Raster engraving and etching
- Material preparation and clean-up
Through the process of learning how to use the Glowforge students will take home a personalized project. If students are thinking about purchase and would like further operational education time to decide, options will be discussed in class.
Class size limited to 8 in-lab participants.